Body and skin care for the elderly in winter
Due to the change of season, winter is leaning in nature. After a few days, people’s life will be affected by the bone-chilling winter. During this time, the elderly should take special care of their body and skincare. If you do not eat according to the rules, there is a risk of getting sick. Because of the immune system of the elderly decreases in winter.
If you don’t follow the rules of eating in winter, on the one hand, physical problems will appear and the skin will also become dull. So look at the diet in accordance with the season.
Do whatever care for the elderly in winter
* It is possible to keep the skin bright only if the body is healthy from the inside. Dehydration problems occur during the beginning and end of winter. Because cold weather reduces the tendency to drink water, drink more water during this time. Drink lukewarm water. Sometimes you can drink canned water, fruit juice. You can keep different types of soup, hot milk, tea without milk, and three-four drops of lemon juice in the menu of three meals throughout the day. It will also act as an antioxidant with water. In winter, the body’s need for antioxidants increases.
* Seasonal fruits like oranges, apples, Malta, etc. Eat enough winter fruits and vegetables. The fiber and antioxidants present in them keep the body alive, help in digestion. Cuts the dullness of the body. Fresh fruits and vegetables contain biotin which keeps skin and hair healthy. So it is important to eat fresh vegetables and fruits. Try to eat natural food instead of processed or frozen food.
* Skin becomes rough in winter. Fatty acids are essential for maintaining good skin health. Eat more such foods as nuts, fish. Follow a balanced diet. Prepare and eat salad with various fruits and vegetables of this time. Protein-rich food helps to keep the body warm by maintaining the body temperature.
Elderly body care in winter
* During the winter there are various events and there is a lot of eating. Therefore, calories in the body also increase. You can drink green tea instead of tea and coffee made with milk in winter. Avoid over-fried foods. If you want to eat salad instead of such food, you can use olive oil as it is low in saturated fat which is good for the heart. Try to eat less carbohydrates. Eat less rice and bread if necessary. Make a salad with plenty of water and fruit.
* Since many physical problems increase in winter, you can take help of some special herbs to keep your body healthy. They help prevent colds and other seasonal illnesses. Tulsi is effective in boosting immunity. Tulsi contains beta carotene and eugenol. Beta carotene acts as an antioxidant and eugenol kills bacteria. Eat a few tulsi leaves mixed with color tea every day and you will see that the body is healed. Tulsi is very useful even if it irritates the throat. Eat chopped basil leaves mixed with soup, salad or pasta. Throat discomfort will disappear.